Thursday, 26 February 2015

28 days of Snail Mail

I know, I know! I've been totally off the radar. Well, I've been super busy... Writing letters!

Here's the rest of the February month:

Day 8: A love letter to Zoe.


Day 9: Mimi from Florida who requested a letter.


Day 10: A Hawaiian with a beautiful name!


Day 11: Another Sara!


Day 12: I'm terrible at sticking stamps wtf. Experimented with not drawing guidelines and this is what happened. FML.


Day 13: One for an Indian penpal.


Day 14: It was Valentine's day, and this went to baby who had duty on that day. :(


Day 15: Patricia who requested a dip letter.


Day 16: Scotland! Wow.


Day 17: George requested a gothic-script styled quote, and I sent him a Fraktur style.


Day 18: This man is a professional calligrapher! Who knows how disgusted he will be by my script :x


Day 19: Israel, here goes!


Day 20: Ian didn't want one at first, but I eventually wore him down!


Day 21: Dear Elaine, sorry your envelope is so plain!


Day 22: Wing man requested one as well and he loves his!


Day 23: I dedicated the last week to writing to some of my idols. #fangirl


Day 24: This is for the author of the Time Traveler's Wife. I love your work Audrey!


Day 25: Took a wild chance on this one because I have no idea if he'll even get it. Hopefully he does!


Day 26: Same here, but I had to mention how big of a fanboy baby is about LOTR films.


Day 27: Sent to Schin Loong of OpenInkStand and tagged her in instagram, and she actually @replied me!!! #senpainoticedme


Also wrote thank you cards for my bosses and baby's clerk who ORDs next week. And his came out the nicest. HANDS ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING SORRY


Day 28: To the man who started all this. Thank you Eric for such an enjoyable month! I'm SO participating every year now!


Random photo of replies I sent to letter-writers whose correspondence I received - from the US, Spain, and the Philippines!


After a whole month of practice, I'm so glad I got into this. My calligraphy still does look terrible, but I have the hope that it'll keep improving from there. Also, I made a whole bunch of international friends! So happy. May Snail Mail never die!

XOXO,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment