Friday, 24 October 2014

Etsy Teacup Haul!

It was my first time buying from Etsy and I've been so nervous to because I didn't want to pay so much for teacups just to have them arrive broken. Singpost's postmen are notoriously rough with packages, and apparently when they are marked fragile, they get thrown harder. Isn't it tragic?

Anyway, I warned all my sellers to pack them as securely as they could so that nothing would arrive shattered. They duly did, and my teacups all arrived in one piece! I'm so glad.


Royal Stafford Vintage Pink Floral Teacup and Saucer Set, c. 1950- USD14.99


Try as I might, I couldn't find the name of this pattern. Can anyone help me with this? The bottom says '1839'? in gold paint, but it's obviously NOT. More like 1950s, according to the backstamp.

Queen Anne Fluted Yuletide Teacup and Saucer, Christmas, c. 1950- USD19.99


This piece is the only one of it's kind that I can find on both Etsy and Ebay. Yuletide is its' name, and it's crazy, crazy beautiful. Oh my goodness. Look at all that gold detail.

From undiscovered_gems on Ebay:

The only other one remotely similar to it was this one I found on Ebay, but it's not the same. It was only USD7!



Colclough #6629 Trio: Hand-painted Filigree, roses and swirls c.1930+ GBP13.78



My goodness this set is soooooo beautiful. Look at all the hand-painted swirls! I can't even make this with pencil on paper!? Anyway, the backstamp is definitely classic 1930s. Gorgeous. This was before they got the royal licensing.

Colclough Mint Green Floral Teacup Trio, c.1945-48 GBP13.89




I used this set for afternoon tea. It's amazing how old it is, but the colours are still so vibrant and beautiful! The backstamp indicates it's post-war, around 1945-onwards.

I've recently taken a liking to Colclough's classic cup shape. I honestly can't find the name of the shape, but it seems to be very signature Colclough as many of their teacups are made in this mold.

All in all, I have no regrets purchasing from Etsy because the sellers packed my teacups so well. I managed to save quite a volume of bubble wrap from the packages to re-use for storing my bone china. So happy with my new teacups.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment