Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Day 5 Sydney: 30 June 2014

Today, Shawn's mom came down to Sydney! She took the same timing of flight as we did, so we had a quick breakfast at Oliver Brown right downstairs and headed to the airport.

Baby and I got the Hot Milk Chocolate and a plate of Churros to share.


Damn yummy!


After breakfast, we went to get tickets for Transformers because we were going to watch it at night. Shawn and Clarissa went to get the student price for the tickets while we waited.

This is baby's #ootd hehehe. I made him buy tan pants FINALLY coz this boy doesn't wear any other colours except blue, gray, black, white, and green. -.-


My OOTD! Red trench from Aforarcade, floral pants from TheBlushInc. Boots from Cotton On DFO at AUD25. :D:D


After picking up Shawn's mom, we headed to the original Bourke Street Bakery on Bourke Street in Surry Hills to meet his friends for brunch.


That's Siti and Dave on the right!


What's on the table:

Bacon Quiche (OMG FANTASTIC)
Strawberry Meringue Tart
Sausage Roll
Lemon Tart
English Breakfast Tea

I was too cold to take many photos, haha.



After some shopping, we headed to watch Transformers!


Here are our tickets. NOBODY CHECKS THEM. I realized that they work very much on an honour system here. People still buy tickets even though they know nobody checks them... You'll never get that in Singapore. People here will do anything as long as they think they can get away with it.


Movie verdict: (spoilers?)

TERRIBLE. No continuity, camera angles are terrible, and I hated the female lead. I have a hard time believing she's 17, and she's all like, oh I'm so weak and need everyone to save me. Waste of time! The only two things I liked about the movie: 1) Stanley Tucci, and 2) the fact that they filmed in Hong Kong and had a super short Cantonese comic relief scene. Also, the entire movie was SO DRAGGY. Look on the tickets! The duration is 3 hrs and 5 mins. Really? Also, there were a lot of unnecessary scenes in my opinion. Just nope.

Anyway, after that we headed to Outback Jacks for dinner. Meat overload. This set has pork ribs, lamb ribs and beef ribs, as well as chicken wings AND fries on the platter, and it is usually about AUD70 on a normal day. On Mondays, it is like AUD30 I think.

We ordered two platters of these and it was enough for FIVE of us.





Went back to Shawn's apartment and found a fluffy bear waiting for us anxiously, hahaha.



Forgot to say that I bought this gorgeous Antoinette humming bird bone china saucer from a gift shop at Top Ryde Shopping Centre and it was only AUD15!!! I wanted to buy the entire set but I would have loads to carry home, so I only bought this.


That's it for today!

Hit list:

Oliver Brown Top Ryde
Shop C3000 Ground Floor
Top Ryde City Shopping Centre
109-129 Blaxland Road
Top Ryde 2112
(02) 9809 7007

Bourke Street Bakery
633 Bourke St
Surry Hills NSW, Australia
+61 2 9699 1011

Outback Jacks Bar n Grill
Top Ryde Shopping Centre, 109-129 Blaxland Road
Ryde NSW 2112
Australia
02 8084 8666

Read more!
Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment