Saturday, 5 July 2014

Day 3 Sydney: 28 June 2014

28th was also mine and baby's 53rd monthsary! O.O

Just a few photos today. We visited Copo Cafe, passed the Gladesville and Anzac Bridges, went shopping at DFO, Glebe Market, and went to Victoria Room for High Tea!

Copo Cafe in Drummoyne! This is baby's mocha.


My tea :-)

Bacon egg roll. This seems to be a Sydney thing? I've realized that it's on almost every single breakfast/brunch menu I have seen so far! Okay, I just googled it and I was right. Link!


Baby said these were his favourite pancakes. Hotcakes with fresh banana, mascarpone, and maple syrup. Yummy!


We spent lots of time after that shopping around the DFO, I got a pink coat from Valley Girl at like AUD14.95 :DDD and also Nike running shoes at like AUD70? We also went to Kmart and Target where I revolutionized my daily outfits with...

300 Denier tights. YES!

Next to the Victoria Room for High Tea.

And wow was it luxurious.


It was really dark though, strangely.


We got the standard set, and it came with (per person):
  • 3 Finger sandwiches (Chicken apple with celery and tarragon, smoked salmon with horseradish and rocket, and cucumber dill and creme friache)
  • 2 Scones (1 classic, 1 date buttermilk and cinnamon)
  • Passionfruit and lemon curd tart
  • Macaroon
  • Salted caramel and chocolate cup
  • Strawberry swirl cheesecake flavoured cupcake

Choice of tea:
English Breakfast Supreme, Scottish Breakfast, Earl Grey Premium, Queen Mary, Prince of Wales, Russian Caravan, Assam, Darjeeling, China Sencha, Lemongrass and Ginger, Chamomile and Spearmint, Turkish Apple, Chai or Coffee

All for like AUD45/pax! I was so full I couldn't even finish my scones :(

All the crockery was suitably adorable though. (I had to brighten this picture quite a bit... that's how dark it was!)





Baby bought a pair of dress shoes at Glebe Market, and I got...

A Moleskine pocket-sized notebook for AUD10. YES!


Probably the best find in the world. I was looking for this particular Royal Albert Serena trio for AGES. On eBay it was like $80? Plus shipping, which I would have been really afraid for because it's so fragile!

And I passed by a shop right opposite Glebe Market, and BAM.

There it was. AUD45 for the trio, what a bargain!



I picked a petite set out for Jemaine too because they were so pretty I couldn't resist getting one for her! This is the Royal Adderley in Devonshire Roses.



That's all for today!

Hit list:

Copo Cafe & Diner
M3 135 Victoria Rd Drummoyne
Sydney, Australia
+61 2 9719 9057

The Victoria Room
Level 1, 235 Victoria Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Sydney, Australia
+61 2 9357 4488

The Olde Wares Shop Glebe
69 Glebe Point Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia
+61 2 9692 9103

Read more:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment