Thursday, 29 May 2014

Style Icons

#1: Blair Waldorf

Well, it's no secret that I adore Gossip Girl and I worship Blair Waldorf fashion.

My favourite Blair Waldorf outfits, in no particular order:

Thanksgiving Alexandra Vidal Forest Green Dress


Gossip Girl 2.10 "The Magnificent Archibalds"

It's so Blair to be prim and proper in the front but subtly sexy in the back. Unlike Serena, whom GoFugYourself has dubbed "Boobs Legsley", Blair has class. She wears slips and garters, and always looks pulled together. I'm surprised that there are no good screen stills of this dress, it's super beautiful!

Pink Party Oscar de la Renta Pink Gown


Gossip Girl 4.19 "Petty in Pink"

Of course I had to add this gown in! Pink is my favourite colour, and I read somewhere that shell pink is Blair's favourite colour. It's gorgeous on her, makes her waist look minuscule, and the updo coupled with the minimal accessorizing accentuates her general flawlessness.

Valentine's Day Reem Acra Resort 2012 Red Gown

Gossip Girl 5.15 "Crazy Cupid Love"

I love how Blair always dresses for the occasion. It's Valentine's Day in this episode, and she's perfectly dressed in a stunning red gown. If it's Christmas, she wears tartan, and if it's Thanksgiving, she wears earthy colours. For funerals, sombre tones but still girly details! This gown is accessorized with a red coat over it and look at that perfect red bow in her hair!

City of Love Moschino Spring 2010 Dress

Gossip Girl 4.1 "Belles De Jour"

This ensemble is so cute it makes me smile a little every time I look at her. It's no secret that Blair loves her prints, and as a result, I fell in love with prints too! Floral prints, fruit prints, bow prints, give them all to me! In this episode, B & S hit Paris in their signature couture style.

I could go on and on about Blair's outfits (I have a zillion favourites) but the fact is that the way Leighton carries the outfit off that makes it work. And she is perfection!

#2: Zooey Deschanel

I've never really considered her as a fashion icon before until Shawn said I reminded him of her. He's an avid watcher of New Girl. Perplexed, I asked him why and he said it's because I have bangs, long dark hair, I always wear dresses and skirts, and I'm a little quirky. I believe the word he used was eccentric -.- hahaha. I don't know about the last part. But, well, after some intense Googling and watching a bit of New Girl (for research purposes, of course), I realize he's kind of right in the clothing department. I've been following her style without even realizing it!

Apparently she's very sixties, which means vintage all the way. A-line skirts, tights, Mary Jane shoes, and cardigans. Tons of cardigans. I will never be as indie as her to have a name like Zooey or Summer, but I do love her adorable outfits, similar to Blair, unlike the skankalicious S.

My favourite Zooey/Summer/Jess outfits:

Zooey @ 24th Annual American Society of Cinematography


500 Days of Summer



She seems to have a great following, even with an entire website tracking her personal style (What Would Zooey Deschanel Wear) so if that's not dedication, I don't know what is. Haha. If only I could have the wide doe eyes and perfect hair, I would be content.


#3: Jackie Burkhart

Played by Mila Kunis, Jackie is one of the main characters of That 70's Show. She's spoiled, selfish, and loves her hot rollers, but she has the best styled seventies outfits I have ever seen. She also keeps telling Donna that (Laura Prepon) dresses like a lumberjack, which I absolutely agree with.

She also wears lots of dresses and skirts, as well as prints, and I think that's the moment I started falling in love with Mila Kunis, too. She's so crazy gorgeous, who wouldn't? Also, she has the most fabulous hair from season 2 onwards (Season 1 mostly saw her crazy Ukranian frizz hahaha)


See what I mean? Her hair is so sleek and dark and beautiful! And just the right length without weighing down her tiny figure.



Leaving Ashton in just because. ;)



Okay, an example of how frumpy Donna is beside Jackie (this is supposed to be a "hot girls meeting", btw):



All images of Jackie sourced from this link.

So yes, these three ladies make up my fashion inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment