Friday, 23 May 2014

A snail

Yesterday when I was walking to the MRT station from my office, I saw a snail on the side of the pavement where I was walking. His eyes were all drawn in, so I assumed he was going toward the grass, where he would be safe, and not the middle of the pavement. So I walked past him. Usually if I see a snail that is in danger of being stepped on, I'll put it somewhere safer. For some reason, I didn't do it yesterday.

Then this morning on my way to work, when I used the same pavement, I saw his cracked and broken shell on the side of the pavement, just a few centimeters from where he was when I saw him. :( Probably someone stepped on him moments after I walked away.

I don't know why, but that made me very sad.

God have mercy on your squishy soul, Mr Snail. (Or Ms Snail)

No comments:

Post a Comment