Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Is today Thursday?


I thought this called for pictures from my old Blackberry (9900, its camera is the shittiest! No autofocus and quality is pretty terrible.)

PULPY!!! This was mine, Nandini's, and Zoe's favourite drink in polytechnic. Back then I think the Tropicana flavour was the most popular. This one in the picture is the mango flavoured one. DAMN YUMMY OMG I LOVE MANGOES.


Sembawang White Bee Hoon! It's like 5 minutes from Zoe's place in Yishun, which is why we hardly go there. But this stuff is simply awesome. Tastes just like what my grandma used to make! Every day after school, when I went home for lunch, she'd ask me what I wanted to eat and I always asked for "mai fun" which is bee hoon in Cantonese. Freaaaking awesome stuffffff omg.


A night shot from the 34th storey of International Plaza. I really, really loved that place, you could see everything! I used to stay in the office until like 8:00PM or 9:00PM because it was the best time to work. And I climbed onto the balcony to take this picture. Tanjong Pagar is practically a ghost town after 7:00PM, and especially on Fridays. Most of the buildings in this photo are shophouses, so they're really low. You can see for miles!


Me making rice krispie treats! I used to make these all the time, the first time I made 'em I was with Nandini and we swore up and down this was the best shit ever. Since then, we've prolly both made this snack about a thousand times. It's damn good!

Recipe: 
1/3 cup butter
About 3/4 big bag of Rocky Mountain Marshmallows (pictured)
Two boxes Rice Krispies Cereal 
Melt the butter over low heat. Pour in the marshmallows, handful by handful, until they are all melted, stirring consistently, scraping sides and bottom often. Turn heat veerrryy verrrry low and mix in Rice Krispies cereal until evenly coated. Press into a pan, let it cool, cut into squares and enjoy!

Fucking easy right? And they are always, always a hit. Feel free to add in other ingredients of your choosing, like nutella, peanut butter, vanilla essence, food colouring etc. I always top mine with white chocolate drizzle coz GK likes it!

... Okay, I'm craving me some Rice Krispie Treats about now.


HDB Hub. This was back when GK and I were choosing our HDB flat in like 2012? They had these tiny models and we were so fascinated by the displays, hahaha! We chose Depot Heights btw! :D I'm so excited, it's going to be ready in 2017. Still 3 more years. -.- So long...


Wedding prep! The cutest boy trying on his Indian wedding suit. He used to be so chubby omg. I sent him this picture and his response was "Look like pilot anot?" ... Then he lost a lot of weight before the wedding because he was concerned about his belly, so he cut out beer, fried foods, and fast food. Um, I didn't go on any diets! Now I feel inadequate. But whatever. He looks so pleased with himself here. I wonder why?


More wedding prep. Blurry photo of me trying on le wedding gown. This wasn't the one I wore on the day, but I did like this one very much! Look at the layers of mesh! And I love the waist. This V-shaped waistline is called a basque, or very simply, a v-shaped waist. And the lace hem! You can just make out a little scrap of lace at the very bottom of the photo.


My wedding shoes! I freaking loved these shoes, I don't know what happened to them. I think I have to save them for my future daughter, so it can be her something old. If she even has feet as tiny as mine. My something old was my mom's jade earrings, something new were my shoes, something borrowed were all the bangles clanking on my wrists, and something blue was my bouquet of blue roses!

Hahaha, I can't stop laughing at this photo because GK took this and he knows NOTHING about camera angles AT ALL. Look at my left ankle! What is that, a pig's trotter?


Yay, tomorrow's Good Friday and it's gonna be good all right, because I get to see Nandini and Zoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment