Monday, 31 March 2014

Really Average Skin


I try to take good care of my skin, but often skip loads of steps because firstly I'm forgetful, secondly, I'm lazy, and thirdly I'm not especially motivated because I have slightly above average skin already. But as I'm just a couple years from my mid-twenties (gasp!), I told myself that I have to start taking better care of my face! I don't have pimples, but I do have really dry skin. Sometimes it flakes. I used to only put on sunscreen before I put on my makeup (lazy!) but my skin was soooo dry so I added a coupla steps! But here's my AM/PM skincare routine:

After showering and washing my face every morning, I'll use this famous Hada Labo product. It's that hydrating lotion that's apparently really popular here and everywhere. Basically I just slap into my face until it's all absorbed.

.

Next, I use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Essence! So far I've only been using it consistently a couple of weeks, but I really like it. It smells good, feels good on my face, and doesn't make it greasy or sticky. Rub in and wait a couple minutes for it to sink into my skin. I usually take the time I use to wait for it to absorb to choose my outfit for the day, hahaha.


Lastly, slap on sunblock all over my face. I've been using Hada Labo UV Emulsion for about a year or so and alternating between the moisturizing one (white bottle) and the whitening one (this one in the blue bottle). In sunscreens, I usually don't go for any less than SPF50, and I like this Hada Labo one because of the texture (it's lightweight and non-oily), doesn't dry out my skin - I used to use a Biore powder based one that made my skin soooo flaky and doesn't leave a strange white cast on my skin. Also, this sunscreen is good because it also acts as a makeup base.


And that's it! Over that I'll apply my usual concealer, eyebrow pencil, and lipstick.

In the night (if I can remember), I'll wash my face with a scrub facial foam, and then the Hada Labo Lotion thingy, and then this: Hada Labo Retinol Lifting & Firming Milk. I haven't been using it long enough to deduce its effectiveness... But hey! Every little face-lifting helps, right? It's a lot more lightweight than the hydrating Hada Labo cream I used to use as a night cream. Unless I sleep in an air-conditioned room, I hate anything sticky on my face! And apparently Kumar does not believe in air conditioning. *mutters to self*


I just bought this L'Oreal Revitalift Triple Power Eye Treatment (what a mouthful!) a couple days ago to try because I have terrible dark eye circles and puffy eyes! I might update my eye progress in a few months if I remember to use it consistently. *looks around shiftily*


Okay! I'm abruptly ending my post here. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment